View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Please don't confuse my predictions with my hopes. I HOPE there will be a compromise that makes more people happy. I PREDICT the permanent speed limit, 45/25, will pass easily.

I don't think I am twisting anything. 78% voted for one of the speed limit options. Therefore 78% favor a speed limit of some kind.

You will also notice that the polls show no uniformity in finding a compromise.
Ahh thank you for the clairification.. While I don't think it will be an easy pass, I think we definately need a compromise to be put into motion or else it will be back to the all or nothing.

Now I see your point as to "one of the speed limit options" I think we are just having a disagreement on the wording you have choosen. When I hear "speed limits" that means there is a threshold I can not pass. While 2 of the 3 unlimited options there are "restrictions" and not "limits" because as long as you are adhering to a certain standard i.e. in the broads, outside a certain distance perameter, then there are "No Limits". So I would say then that only 2 of the polling options favor some type of "limit" whether that be a compromised limit 65, or the current limits.

So currently I would say 46% would favor some kind of limits.

I think it is more of a verbage issue rather then an actual disagreement on the numbers.