View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
The lake belongs to everyone in NH, from those who may dunk their kids in the lake at a public beach once a year to my neighbor across the street who doesn't own lake frontage but complains about the noise. It belongs to storeowners in Center Harbor and to someone who wants to curl up in a hammock next to the lake and peacefully read a book. These are all NH voters and all their votes mean the same to our elected officials in Concord.
My point is that anyone, not just boaters, who interacts with the lake has a say. Our legislators know this and are intelligent enough to interpret a poll taken on a boating forum as just such.
I see your point but I disagree somewhat on the basis that this is not a boating website. Although we are in the Boating forum as you pointed out many people are effected by speed limits and anyone on the website are welcome to participate in this poll. I didn't say "boating members only".

So again I think this poll is more relevant because it is people who love the lake and have choosen to come onto winni.com to talk more about the place they know and love.