View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
hancoveguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
In NH, when a police vehicle is exercising his right to violate the law, he is required to use lights/sirens, per RSA 265:8 IIIa
Wrong...read it again and show us the quote that says that! The statute uses the word "may" in most of it's language and only specifies must for the following, neither of which have anything to do with a generic response to an emergency or otherwise-

(2) Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, but only after slowing down as may be necessary for safe operation.

(4) Disregard rules governing direction of movement or turning in specified directions.

This statute says nothing about when an officer is "violating the law". But ofcourse that doesn't matter, lets just bash the police because some "non-police" (trout troopers as it were) violated the law.

A carpenter messed up my shed not too long ago. He had an attitude, took my money and didn't build the shed per specifications... But you know carpenters, they ALL suck and do whatever they want and none of them know how to build things correctly. Oh wait, did I just lump every single carpenter into one category of incompetence because one or two are idiots? Well we do it with cops all the time so I guess thats okay...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hancoveguy For This Useful Post: