View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #91
jeffk

We went to the New Woodshed tonight (Sunday) for dessert and a glass of wine to kick off the new school year for my wife. They were busy but apparently less than the last couple nights. They are suffering, as are almost all restaurants in the area, from a painful lack of staff. They have tables they would love to use but cannot because they simply do not have waiters to handle the tables. People come in and see the open spots and are annoyed that they cannot be seated. The lounge and bar is being used to provide table service as well. They seem to be managing access to the lounge/bar to not overload the wait staff they have. If you don't do that, EVERYONE has a poor experience because all service will be slowed.

There was a group of 4 that came in with no reservation. They were asked to wait for lounge seating, as we were as well. They got indignant and huffed out. A few minutes later, we were seated in the lounge. If the other group had a little patience, they would have been seated in another 5 minutes. Oh well. I was happy to see them leave because their attitude was painfully evident and toxic.

The dessert was good and the service was fine. Atmosphere? I liked the old Woodshed's quirky feeling. The New Woodshed is very nice, a very polished version of what a barn restaurant should be. Comparatively perhaps a bit too polished for me. Not too much "quirk" to be found. An Interior Designer's idea of a barn restaurant.

My wife wanted some decaf tea and they didn't have any. We have seen this lack in several other places and I can't figure it out. People ask for decaf coffee and they have it. How hard is it to have some decaf teabags on hand?

Perusing the menu, prices are high, setting seriously high expectations. We will go a for a meal sometime and see if the prices are justified.
jeffk is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post: