View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 03:56 AM   #87
Reilly

Unhappy ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
we couldn't get reservations for a time we preferred on sunday and thursday. Did get a 5:00 on friday. We arrived in a downpour and were greeted at the door by a young man with an umbrella. Inside the staff was lined up to greet us. Service, soup, salads, entree's and desserts were wonderful. Our waitress carley, was very attentive without being invasive. The rest of the staff were pleasant and helpful. Not one complaint in our party of 4, and trust me that is saying a lot. Some of these folks were not big fans of the old woodshed and read some nasty reviews before going. One is a restaurant manager who notices everything! He did observe that other party's seemed to be enjoying too. I was peeking into the porch and a waitress told me to go in and look around, check out the bar, which was busy. They even let me grab a skip and go naked pin for old times sake.
Our menu included, french onion soup, seasonal salad w/strawberries, blueberries, and goat cheese, prime rib, swordfish, steak, pork chop, puff sundaes, chocolate torte and cheese cake. Coffee and tea.
No cocktails. The bill came to about $230. Which i didn't think was bad at all.
Looking forward to going again in november with a party of about 30. I will call well in advance for this
fabulous way to spend our last evening at the lake!
no cocktails ?
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reilly For This Useful Post: