View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #11
BrownstoneNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Went by there last Sunday (5-21) around 5:00 pm. There was no sign of any thing going on. Place was in total darkness.

Hard not to be open at the start of the "SEASON".

Maybe a little late to Hire and start "Training" a "Staff".
I wouldn't have expected any staff to be at Sandy Point on a Sunday evening on May 21.

The owner was there last week in the afternoon. After noticing on the public Sandy Point and Alton Bay Facebook pages that they'd had three job fairs in May, I called (I'm not a Facebook member so can't post or message) just to make sure that they'd hit the local high schools and colleges directly as well as Facebook. He said that they had but it was indeed difficult to get workers for some positions because many had already snapped up by the Common Man group, but SP working hard to fill those positions. He seemed very nice and very determined to open for the Season, which doesn't necessarily mean early June.

We skipped SP for the first time in ages last summer because the King Baked Stuffed Lobster, the main attraction for us, was a $55 crock at Nolan's -- they confirmed by phone that, unlike under both previous owners, they did not include most of the lobster in the stuffing. New SP says they will reprise the original.
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote