View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
We had an HD upgrade scheduled for last Saturday between 12 and 2. I received an automated confirmation call at 1 saying they were still coming. When nobody showed at 4:30 I called Directv and found that my appointment had been rescheduled to Wednesday without me knowing about it. It had to have happened that afternoon but Directv couldn’t determine who changed it. After 3 calls to Directv I rescheduled for this morning. The tech called before 9 and said he was 15 minutes away. He arrived without the equipment I ordered and after several calls he located a receiver but would take another 2 hours to get it. I ordered non-dvr and apparently everyone orders dvr. I decided to stay with the old receiver and he realigned the dish and got me going.

Directv contracts with Goodman for this area. There’s one guy who covers this area and he said his day starts at 7am and can go to 9pm. He’s dispatched daily and Directv assumes he has the equipment (which resulted in me not getting upgraded). Directv significantly reduced their funding with Goodman which resulted in lower staffing and explains why there have been service issues. The guy from Goodman was great. My issue is with Directv and I’m thinking seriously about switching to cable. Just need to work out a seasonal contract.
I suspect that Directv and Dish are both seeing the writing on the wall the internet is a far better medium to deliver content, doesn't require them to put up and maintain broadcast satellites and they completely cut out the whole needing to have hardware and service it on the customer side of things. Funny when we called and cancelled our regular service after 15 years they were happy to see we had swapped over to Directv Now and were asking how we liked it in comparison. Bet it won't be long before they start encouraging people to switch over.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote