View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #19
baygo

I don’t think SAMIAM is as concerned about the VK (it is established) as much as for other small mom and pops. Especially those that tend to struggle this time of year. I hear the politicians talk about how they have to protect the workers who live paycheck to paycheck, but I’ve heard no mention of how some small mom and pops may loose everything.

Fact is; employees can apply for unemployment benefits. I am encouraging mine to do so and do so with pride. They have been paying into it and I have been matching their contributions. If their benefits are not enough, I’ll subsidize the difference. Only because they were thoughtful enough to ask if I’ll be OK.

Another fact; I’m an odd duck. It was the financial collapse that brought me to the lakes region. Unfortunately there will be very hard times fall upon some however opportunities will be created for those who can keep there head. Markets will rebound like whiplash. I will focus on getting my distillery open and hope to time things just in time for a celebratory toast with you all once this passes, as it will.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: