View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 11:46 AM   #18
Thundra

Here we are, on the cusp of Labor Day 2021 weekend.

At the end of last season, as we were able to enjoy three mid-week heat-waves on the lake, we were able to get up to the lake for FOUR mid-week heat waves this year. I had made the dream of going up more than three times come true.

Once again, the lake is pretty awesome. The water is so clean and clear. Once we got past one of the wettest July's on record and got to August, the water was warm and I did not need my 3/4 wetsuit to enjoy the water with the kids. The kids did not mind the cooler water as they are kids and don't feel the coolness of the water unlike my skin and bone-body and older-age,

We got to visit a few new places and anchor at different places to swim and just letting the day pass us by. I had learned to no longer just cut right up The Broads when the wind is blowing but to instead hug one of the shorelines as the fetch over that part of the lake-as it is so "broad", makes running in it, even with way less boat traffic mid-week, is tough on the wife and kids.

We had also learned that Fridays are a busy time on the lake during lunchtime, especially when the weather is so nice. We were lucky in that we did bring enough food to tide us over that Friday so we did not have to wait to eat in either Wolfeboro or Alton Bay.

I know that the lake is beautiful in the fall, with less traffic and less people but, as the kids are swimmers and as the days are cooler, heat waves are the right time for us to go. I will be looking forward to next summer and when school gets out again and for that first heat-wave so we can all get back up there to enjoy "The-lake".
Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thundra For This Useful Post: