Thread: Mail Delivery
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #25
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I totally disagree. In the roughly 30 years I've been using the post office, I can't ever remember having something lost. For $.52 I can send a letter across the country in a couple days. For a few bucks, I can send a package across the country and be told when it'll be there. I think the post office is an amazing institution...when it is funded and postal workers have what they need.

There is a distinct different, however, between the amazing Post Office and the crappy workers.

Case in point: I ordered something from Amazon shipped USPS and it arrived today perfectly on time...but it wasn't delivered because my driveway was "inaccessible." I'd snowblowed this morning and it appears 4-5" of snow was too much to traverse to deliver my package.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
In my personal life as well as my business, if anything of importance needs to be mailed it goes FedEx or UPS. I would never trust USPS with anything of importance. I also have a flag on my Amazon account that all packages are to be shipped via UPS or FedEx whenever possible...again got sick of dealing with the late and lost deliveries of the wonderful US postal service. Have you ever tried calling the post office to inquire about anything?....Good luck!

Dan