View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #20
LaFuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
I think I read in one post that the boat had been out of the water for two years; and I haven't read where it came from - private sale individual, used boat from a marina, other. What I am driving at is that the previous owner may be a source of either similar problems (and what was the solution) or a record of previous maintenance either by an owner or marina.

I wish you all the good luck in the world, my friend.
Hey there, heres where i hit a brick wall....i bought it from a private sale up north. The story i got was it was a one owner and they sold it when they moved to florida to a friend of the family. this friend is who i bought it from. he said he never had it in the water like he had thought he would, and never ran it. he gave me all the good stories for it, saying it once had a 6cyl and the original owners put a 305 gm new motor in it with all new outdrive, gas tank etc...all which the marina says was done nicely..but when i wanted to reach out to the original family, this guy said they sold it to him with sentimental feelings, so he didnt want them to know he had sold it...so dead end on talking to them... ill keep trying to find out who the last marina was to get more answers..but my marina told me yesterday that they called mercury and they told them to put a boost pump kit in it because the marina said it was vapor locked....thats where i stand at this moment....
LaFuga is offline   Reply With Quote