View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
Sunbeam lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt View Post
The owner of Beaver Island who had his ashes placed behind a rectangular plug cut out of the ledge behind the kitchen area of Belvidere Lodge was last name Kingdom. Your Diddle Cove is what we knew as Eben Lincoln Shore between Veasey and Fitkin and in from Hornets Nest point. The Veasey homestead is where the Haledges orchards were but planted after Veaseys moved.
Thanks, We always wondered what Kingdom meant. There is also another rock marked on the inside channel between little and big Beaver. Across from Sullivans boathouse. I saw Eben Lincolns name show up somewhere when I researched the deed to the land my home is built on. Was the white house on Hale road up at the top of the hill what you refer to as the Homestead for Haledges orchard? Do you remember the cabin on the land next to Beaver landing? Right next to the cabin There was a huge leaning pine tree that blew down in a big windstorm. The cabin is the greatest place in the world to relax and listen to the waves. This could have been the place
Ames wrote his movie plays. One time a guy stopped by to say he used to vacation at the cottage and I showed him around. He indicated trucking company owner in Nashua had owned or rented there.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote