View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
hilltopper

I actually ran into and spoke with the guy that does the web site the other day. Real nice fella so I made it a point not to comment on the web site (although I tend to agree with Old Hubbard Rd).

Apparently the scoop is that the state is not allowing access to the RR tracks in the Merdith area until January 3rd. Sounds like the groomer, which is new by the way, is somewhere down accross the road from Hart's and obviously needs the RR tracks to access it's trail system. What I don't understand is that I see obvious signs of snowmobiles using those same tracks (I think they are the same) when driving along Winona Road heading the back way from Meredith to Ashland.

Another thing I didn't understand is, looking at the trail map on the Sno-Streakers web site, to groom the northern parts of their trail system (15 headed toward Center Harbor and the trail that heads to Little Squam) the groomer would have to take trail 15 accross Lake Waukewan. However, the gentleman I talked to stated that the groomers do not cross bodies of water, which is understandable. So, how do the northern sections get groomed (or do they not get groomed)?

http://www.sno-streakers.com/maps.html

hilltopper
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links