View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #371
nhd

I, like many, have been following this post and Epic’s comments on the various Facebook pages. I give support to what Cow Times has been stating and feel they have done a good job. When you don’t get the response you want you get snarky, offer rides or ask someone to call you. A public forum and Facebook are open for dialogue for all to see. If you were “threatened” in an email you were not to have received than appropriate actions would have been taken by the authorities. As far as the cancellation of the demonstration it was not on the agenda for the selectmen. The fire chief in the first selectmen meeting where this was discussed wanted the fly in to be on a busy Saturday as it should be.
As far as the list it was ok for you to post on the Facebook pages for people to write the selectmen in support of the plane even if they do not pay taxes in town, but as soon as a “list” goes out of those who do pay taxes in town you take offense.
Everyone needs to remember that this was initially started when the store owner applied for a commercial landing strip which is required for a plane to land with paying customers. If Epic wants to land occasionally with family he has demonstrated that he can and there has been no alteration done for this to happen. Yes barges use the dock but they are not asking for any alterations, they also are there for only the amount of time needed to load their materials.
Smaller boats and jet skis can and do use the north side of the dock, I think there has been a request by the town to dredge that side when the dock is renovated.
I for one do not like the idea of a commercial business getting exclusive use of the dock and have concerns about the wing blocking for emergency vehicles. I also do not think people in the area mind an occasional plane but what you and the store owner are proposing will generate a lot of noise.
This is not the response Epic will want to hear but I agree there should be no alteration of the dock for the use of a commercial business.
nhd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nhd For This Useful Post: