View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #370
CowTimes

No offense (as you say), but you are a bold faced liar if you are suggesting that there was a broad, coordinated “threat.” As far as I know (and I’ve seen the emails and the “list”), this was nothing more than a single, unsubstantiated “threat” from a single person about boating in the bay while you were to fly in. I have not and will not defend that, and have said it was I’m proper. So you can direct your hostility elsewhere.

But there was a list of well over a hundred town residents that signed up to a listserv to oppose your seaplane base and commercial use of the town dock in the proper, democratic way of contacting town representatives to oppose what you were seeking. You can disparage the opponents as “agitators” or “activists” all you want, but each and every one of those folks has a valid reason to oppose what you are trying to do in their backyard. If you want to tell anyone to grow up, perhaps you can look in the mirror and ask yourself why so many people oppose what you seek, and hardly any support has emerged for you. But no one should stand by silent as you baselessly attack the good names and integrity of more than a hundred town residents that have done nothing more than oppose your proposal through the proper channels.

Unless and until you have emails from each and every one of the individuals that signed up to the listserv agreeing with or joining in anything improper, stop with the transparent efforts to disparage the entirety of your opposition with the stupidity of one bad apple.