View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfoliage View Post
I have boated on Winnipesauke before but had rented boats. We bought a used 20ft deck boat and trailer last year and this will be my first time launching the boat. I scouted some of the boat ramps and will admit I am intimidated by how I would try to back-in with some of the configurations for the ramps I saw. I do have a slip to keep the boat at but need to get it in the water. Does anyone know of someone offering a service on the lake to just launch the boat or help launch the boat? I will be docking in the Laconia area but I am fine with launching further away. Thank you.
Plenty of Marinas in the Laconia area, I would just pick the one closest to where you will dock your boat, and ask them to help, they usually will......Yes there might be a small fee for using their ramp, but it sounds like it will be worth it for your piece of mind.

Once the boat is off the trailer, take a not so nice boating day, and go find a parking lot, and practice with an empty trailer, it is the best way to bring up your confidence level.... If you see someone doing similar with a bright Red truck this summer, that will be me, teaching the next generation......