View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Well, i have to stand up for the family that owns Garwoods because they are a very nice family and I don't think would intentionally rip off anybody. I imagine their higher prices are necessary because it is Wolfeboro and they probably don't have a huge turnover. That said, I do think the food could be better. We have been disappointed in the food and the menu.

About a year ago, we went to Garwood's and I asked for a specific drink which they didn't have. So the waitress suggested something else and it sounded similar so I said ok. When I got the bill, the drink was $9.00. And though I don't even usually have ONE drink when I go out, that night I had two, because the others were lingering so I paid $18.00 for two drinks. That was more than the meal I had. But that is not the most expensive drink we have ever ordered. My better half had a rum and coke at Anjon's in Scarborough, Maine and was charged $3.00 for the coke and $8.00 for the rum. This seems to be a trendy thing to separate the drink into two parts. We have seen it a couple of times.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote