View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #18
WakeboardMom

A great dinner at Legal Seafoods Harborside in Boston last night caused me to think about this thread.

Late yesterday afternoon, we went to the Boat Show, which was $15/person and that I think is kind of crazy. Then we went to dinner, which was awesome, but (for us) relatively expensive. However, it was fun, fun, fun.

As we walked back to the car I said to my husband, "That was a big bill, huh?" His answer, "Yup. That's why we don't do it that often, and when we do, we make it count!"

I agree that it's cheaper to drink a beer at home than it is to drink it at Garwoods. It's nothing but awesome to watch the sunset from our dock with a cocktail in hand. Every once in a while, though, it's nice to mix things up and go out on a date.

I can understand not wanting to spend 5+ dollars for a beer. Having a beer at Garwoods isn't just having a beer. It's about the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Goose View Post
As we all know we have limited places to go around the lake, especially on our northern side. I like Garwoods but the last two times we went in for just a cocktail I couldn't believe the prices. We had two beers. A bottle of Miller Lite and a draft. Which came to a total of $11. I looked at the prices on the menu which seem very high as well. Guess we won't be going in anymore. Just not worth it to pay that kind of money.

What does everyone else think?

LG
Where on the lake could you have that experience for less money?