View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
I understand the Mickies D's is looking to put in a shot and a beer bar at locations in areas that have trouble paying market prices for food and beverages. Patience they will be able to serve you shortly.

In the mean time those other places that are paying $3.79 per gallon for heating oil, more for electricity, more for delivery of produce and beverages because gas is now close to $4 a gallon and coping with other rising costs will have to make it withour your business.
Yup, rough world we live in. Cost to do business goes up, you pass it on, business goes down because customers can't afford to pay the prices, you close down, someone else comes along and the cycle starts all over again.
Believe me I've been playing the game for years. With increased gas prices I'm eating it and I'm making less but I'm making money, a lot more then I would if I raised my prices and didn't get the work.
Just ask those boneheads that priced Burger King out of their lease what 7 or 8 years ago before Watermark finally bought the property. I wonder how much they paid out of pocket for all those years in taxes on that lakefront property because they were GREEDY.
Oh and whenever I go to Micky D's I always order off the dollar menu. That is another place that has gotten way out of control with prices yet people just keep going there and paying what $7-$10 for artery clogging junk.