View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 AM   #48
2Blackdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Well suprize , suprize , suprize

And it wasn't even a go fast boat
That's not what they're saying at Lake George.

Quote:
Looks like a cobalt? Those boats really fly!
Additional Lake George crash commentary from the Web.

Quote:
Sunday night about 11:30pm, Happy Family Island. These Islands are about 400 yards inside the 5 mile an hour bouy. He had to be traveling 35 + to get that far up the Island.

I could see someone running aground in the narrows even sober, It get pitch black up there at night with no home around to light the shore.

But in the area of this grounding they should have seen that island a mile away.

We were sitting on our boathouse deck at that night and we could hear it coming.

Wow, how do you miss that? Sounds like the driver was so drunk that they saw two of the islands and tried to split them. I guess the speed limit at night won't be lifted anytime soon.

Here's a different link, one that has comments.

http://www.poststar.com/articles/200...8206368294.txt

Among the comments at that site are revealing.

Quote:
And the boating season has only just begun.
There are drunks tooling all over that lake
yet the State Police have decided to cancel their only boat patrol.
Our boating season has only just begun, but Winni is not alone regarding drunks and insufficient patrol.

A response time of 45 minutes in Winni's latest case, tells me that somebody rolled out of bed for that 2am call.

On the other hand, when the State Police are cancelling their only boat, somebody goes on a bender on a lake with a night speed limit of 25mph.

To Sandy Beach, this revelation.

You can only boat "prudently".

You cannot boat "safely" should you ever, even once, anchor your boat or shut off the engine while out on the lake.

I never say, "Have a safe trip".

I tell them "Take care".