View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 11:56 AM   #81
map

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
The though that police might be 5 to 10 minutes away leave the thieves plenty of time to fill a pillow case (yours) with most of your valuables and leave is not comforting.

In a previous house I installed a bull horn speaker tied in with the alarm in the gable end vent aimed outside the house. That should have let the neighbors know.

I installed a second one, the loudest one I could find, inside a first floor closet. I figured that the thieves would find the loud noise so unpleasant, and figure the whole world must hear it, that they would make a hasty exit. Fortunately, in 20 years at that house, I never had to find out.
Sure- right. They are not even deterred by cameras. Not to mention some could wear ski masks or something to hide their faces. And I have heard of them ripping out those ring doorbell type ones. That is why I would rather have one inside looking out the window near the front and back doors and maybe one inside to see what is going on- IF we even bother with cameras at all.

Heck- we even have Alexa ready to play a barking dogs recording to give the illusion of dogs in the house. Ha! Ha! A nosy neighbor could also be helpful. LOL!

Nothing is full proof that's for sure.
map is offline   Reply With Quote