View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #60
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Laker View Post
I have a 26' Chaparral cuddy; it's not an obnoxious boat. When switched to "loud," for lack of a better term, it doesn't sound obnoxious or even remotely close to annoying. It has a nice rumble to it. I'm thrilled that I can now switch to quiet when coming into a marina at night or other area where people would appreciate me switching to "quiet" and not get in trouble for trying to be considerate.

I've actually gone the last few years with the system disabled because of the law. Now I am going to use it the way it was intended to be used. I will be enjoying it during the day as I have been but coming in quietly to marinas at night.

I don't understand why some people just assume the masses are reckless with poor intentions. I think there are more people like me than not.
There are quite a few like you CL, wish there were more, but not bad.

When you have people that want everyone to like what they like or else, then you have issues. I live next to someone that likes complete silence 24/7. He's a hoot for sure. If I had a loud boat, I'd certainly be overly sensitive to the noise, and probably take it out less because of it. At least with the switchable exhaust you can do exactly like you do, and quiet it down at the channel, at night, coming into and leaving a dock.

It's a common courtesy that those that hat the switchable exhaust would never extend to you. My boat is very quiet, and not overly fast. But I still get sneers and even the infamous bird from blowboaters. I smile and wave, a real wave. If you read enough of these threads, you can certainly pick out the attitudes.