View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
jmen24

Default Final Thought

As I look back at how this state has changed over the years, it makes me sad to think that my children are not going to get the same chance at living their own lives that I did or my parents or grandparents did. Outside influences keep bringing in their ideas of what this area should be, that we do things wrong around here and they will help us fix things.

I can tell you that our elected officials are not listening to the resident citizens of this state and the "Speed Limit Law" is just more of the same. People should not need the state to step in and fight their battles for them. The legislature is changing the face of the Lakes Region with this law as well as other ideas of putting padding around the corners of our lives. Remember back when Govenor Shaheen wanted to ban alcohol at bike week on the boulevard, that was as close as we have come to losing an American Tradition in this state. Putting a law into place that removes one of the oldest activities on the Lake is not well thought out. Boats have been a tradition on this Lake for as long as people have been coming here! We are talking about telling a particular group of boater that they are not welcome here because some folks do not like them. Is that really the legacy that our elected officials want to leave for the history books?

Allow this law to sunset as it was written to do. Give the MP more resource money to enforce the laws that we had prior and increase the requirement on education. Adoption of USCG rules for operating a vessel. All of our fatal boat collisions occur at night, so maintain some sort of night limit but pay attention to what you are causing for shore erosion when deciding what number you apply to it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post: