View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #30
ApS

Question Signing Soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Assessor's office "Just Market Value" is $275,010. I can't see a justification for a $750,000 price unless someone as clueless as she may be likes the house. Stanger things have happened.

Meanwhile, an 8% "lifeline" for 4 years is just eating into her limited assets.

I hate to ask, but how realistic are her plans after she sells the house? Is the $750,000 sales price essential to her plan? What happens when she only gets $400,000? I know aging Hippies often don't think about such things but I hope reality doesn't bash her over her head.
Her "limited assets" I'm referring to as her "Only Equity in Life".

She says she could put a sign on the road, and sell right away. Eight years ago, she had a buyer at $300,000. This season, I had her boost the price, as people were selling over asking price—in 24 hours. The place "shows" well—it's big, convenient, and quiet. Make an offer, and enjoy Florida.

Her best offer so far is $400,000, but involves a family of five who can only come up with enough of a loan to pay off the current mortgage holder. Their English ain't so good, but we're figuring those "buyers" want to build a Mother-in-Law cottage on-site for her, and "owe" her the rest.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote