Thread: Boat crash
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #83
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Years ago I was in Wolfboro bay with my wife after dark. It was very dark out. We heard some one call out but could not see anything from where the voice was coming from. We slowly continued to move and finally discovered a small 20 bowrider with a husband and wife aboard. They had no power and no lights would work. The did not have a flashlight either (that would be key) We towed them back to the town docks and they were very appreciative. He was a doctor but not sure where. Thank god we were not going faster or up on plane. This was not too far from where you would slow down to approach the docks. I will try to remember to always have a flashlight with good batteries.
The best boating at night is on someone else's boat!! Personally, I fail to see the joy of boating at night, unless there is a really bright full moon, and even then not my favorite thing to do. Why go boating in pitch black darkness? I think you are just asking for trouble. Besides,I hate when the vinyl seats get wet with moisture/condensation when the sun goes down, you have the possibility of floating debris, and God knows what else... Not my idea of "fun". Would you drive your car in pitch black darkness with no headlights on...??? Whats the difference? No thanks. To each his own...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 11-15-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote