Thread: Farm Island
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:01 PM   #173
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Not for nothing but it's a bit hard to sympathize with the YMCA when they are filing a lawsuit with the state over their "perceived" opinion that the town planning board did not come to a conclusion to their liking either. Although not a lawyer from a pure common sense perspective looking at their argument I don't see a change in outcome far the proposed subdivision of the island. It would be interesting to know exactly what the YMCA is trying to really achieve here as it is clear to me their intent is to use every measure available to block what they don't want when they had fair opportunity to purchase this property. Same can be said of the neighbors and conservation groups that are now complaining about it.

Far as the complaints about the noise generated from camp activities and the kids out there on the lake having a good time, it's just plain in poor taste. For many of these kids this is a chance of a lifetime to have an experience to be at the lake. Shame on anyone who finds this in anyway offensive or better put to "excessive".

Finally IF there is any violations the camp has committed, they should be held to the same standard as any other property owner. However I get the feeling most if not all of this is grossly exaggerated for the purposes of trying to creating a poor public perception of the camp. There are plenty of minor infractions that 99% of property owners could probably be sited for and I have certainly see a fair number of "liberties" taken that at best are pushing the boundaries of what is "legal" by the strictest adherence to the letter of the law. I'm certainly not going to make a public spectacle because my neighbor moved a rock without proper permits in place.

I find the entire situation sad as it leaves in impression of two immature children fighting and calling one another names. Frankly both parties should knock it off and find a way to be good neighbors because in the end like it or not they are neighbors.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: