View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:30 AM   #28
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post

An ordinance like this will eventually reach the Supreme Court and be overturned.

After that I would expect to see very few ladies going topless.
I completely agree. Once there is no longer a need to be the stand out and prove a point, this will fade away and probably still be a rarity. Then it will flip and those women will feel objectified and harassed when some creeper is taking pictures of them in the public place they asked to walk around exposed in.

I have 2 boys in catholic school, and a daughter in a catholic college. In this setting our children are a bit more sheltered than in public school. It is a diverse community by race. Our kids no nothing of race or gender discrimination. All are equal. The boys are taught both there and at home to respect women and be good citizens. The norm for women is not to walk around topless.
Maybe some people should think that there others that may not appreciate it in a family environment and take it elsewhere. Personally for me i don’t care, let them fly. But I don’t need my kids exposed to it when all they want to do is get off the boat and go for an ice cream or a few video games.

Weirs Beach is a family destination in the area. Laconia is simply trying to keep it that way. Some may choose a different place to go, hurting local businesses if they allowed it. Allow it during bike week for all I care. My kids won’t be there.
Hell maybe I would go then!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote