View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
NH_boater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Let me give you a BIG warning about Parker's. Your boat is not secure.

I was there for 6 years until 2 years ago a bunch of kids vandalized a handful of boats (mine unfortunately was one of them), stole fire extinguishers and discharged them inside of boats, stole GPS. The response I and others got from Parker's, was this is your problem and we want nothing to do with it. It was appalling.

Even after they knew it happened, Parker's didn't check boats nor notify any owner if their boat was damaged. So boats just sat there and most didn't find out until the showed up to go out for th day.

Twice I had really nice long ropes stolen over the time I was there.

Quite simply, the place is a public parking lot for boats. There are no eyes and ears out there and they are not watching your boat. You get what you pay for. Buyer beware.

A 23' Crownline will clear no problem but you have to pull down your bimimi, antenna, etc obviously.
Thanks for the heads up. I had my boat across the street at Downing when this damage occurred. Was this a one-time event (major vandalism) or has this happened numerous times? In other words, is this similar to other vandalism around the community or is this a chronic problem?

Thanks again for your message.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote