View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #25
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
I got some serious questions for whomever I speak with, like is 52 gonna mean it would need a replacement for the replacement in say like 10-15 years And recovery time and such,but thank you all for a good start
When you say you were told that you need a hip replacement by your PC, do you also feel that you need a hip replacement? Have you tried to live with it and do physical therapy or let time have a chance to heal it etc?

I was told that I needed surgery to repair a tear after they looked at my knee with an office MRI. I met a neighbor who said she had had a miniscus tear and it had healed. She had worn a hinged black brace cuff like thing for a while. I got one but found it uncomfortable so got one without the metal hinges. They wanted to know if I wanted Monday, Wednesday or I could be first surgery on Friday. (Something like that.) Lots of openings.

My knee is just fine now. It hurt for a while. I even used a cane a few times. I think it was probably close to a year before it was back to my not noticing it at all.

Be careful where you go. Think they were in Gilford. Maybe they were good. Who knows? Make sure that whatever you do, you have given your hip time and you know it just will not work out for you.

Then and only then when you have said that you cannot manage, should you consider surgery. Then go to a place like Concord or even Dartmouth or the Boston area if it is a hard surgery.

I once suffered with such awful back pain I almost did not want to live. And it went on for three years. Then it stopped. Two back surgeons in Boston told me that it would get better. Once in a while I have a bad back but most of the time it is ok. Time in things like this can be an ally. Not cancer......then you act fast. Bones..........you can take some time and should.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote