View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
ApS

Smile ~20 Years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
I got some serious questions for whomever I speak with, like is 52 gonna mean it would need a replacement for the replacement in say like 10-15 years And recovery time and such,but thank you all for a good start
I had a follow-up appointment yesterday—regarding my knee—with an OPA doctor and asked about hip-replacement "longevity".

He said the "early" replacements were running an average of roughly 20 years—depending on your age and how you treat your replacement. Evolving improvements in plastics technology will move that estimate even further out (for you).

I told the OPA staff that my next doctor's appointment was across town—and there was a significant scheduling overlap between the two appointments—"Could they give me directions to the nearest Pizza place, as I didn't want to arrive anywhere hungry".

They promptly wrote out directions to a pizza place—which would have been just fine—but another staffer had overheard the discussion and quietly checked to see if my doctor could see me straight-away.

He did, and both appointments worked out "to the max".

OPA:
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote