View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #13
twoplustwo

Default not an OPA fan

The urgency with which you'll need surgery at OPA is entirely dependent on whether or not you have insurance. Happened twice there with two of us in this household, won't go back. They also have lousy bookkeeping and turned my teenager away for an appointment that she went to alone, insisting we owed them money. We owed them nothing, and she ended up crying in the parking lot after they treated her like white trash for their own mistake. If you request a records transfer for a 2nd opinion, they can't seem to send X-Rays and MRIs after repeated requests. Apparently they get mad when you leave them.

When they first opened, their priority seemed to be quality orthopedic care. Now they are nothing but a money mill, IMO.

Dan O'Neill and his Alpine Clinic in Plymouth are the best there is. I'm thankful OPA pissed me off enough to find him. At the end of April, he took a tendon from my daughter's hamstring and grafted it to her knee and femur, cleaned up a load of trashed tendon and cartilage, and gave her a knee she can live with instead of the constant and painful dislocations she endured a year longer than necessary because of OPA. From the initial consult through the surgery and now her current PT and aftercare, he has been wonderful. His front office is fabulous with the financial end of it, and he does offer a substantial discount on his surgical fees for any patient without insurance. Of the 4 orthos she saw, (3 at OPA and Dan O'Neill), only 1 didn't ask if we had insurance prior to giving us a plan of action on her knee. Can you guess which one that was?

http://www.thealpineclinic.com/
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote