View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #24
Kracken

Fortunately there is only one person in this forum who has absolute power. His absolute power is the ability to shut the thread down, something I believe nobody wants. A change in the speed limit will not be decided here. There will be no bare knuckle brawl between OCTACTIVE and elchase with the victor making law (although that might be fun too). This is a forum for people with different perspectives to come together and see if they can reach a compromise. A lot of people here have tried to compromise in good faith. I know several people who want unlimited speeds throughout the lake who would be willing to agree to a limit. There are people who have supported the speed limit from day one who are willing to talk about raising the limit. Those people are trying to compromise. If certain people are happy with the current law and are unwilling to compromise, hey that is there right too.

If somebody wants even slower speed limits than 45/25, well it’s a free country and they are welcome to their opinion but I highly doubt they would get much support from boaters. If you are one of these people, be honest and come out and say it, the cloche and dagger thing is a little weak.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kracken For This Useful Post: