View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #16
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Choppers View Post
Hello all,

My place in Ft. Lauderdale sits on the Intercoastal waterway one block west of the beach. (200 South Birch Road) The City has raised all the bridges and isn’t allowing access to the barrier island unless you’re a resident. Fortunately for me, my condo is on the 9th floor and suffered no damage. Sand from the beach has covered A1A and from the pictures, I’m being sent it basically looks like you’re living on a dirt road. I’m being told Florida Power & Light is promising Ft. Lauderdale and most of the east coast of south Florida electricity by the end of the weekend. I’ll be enjoying Meredith, my boat, and the beautiful lakes region this weekend but I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you my heart isn't breaking for Florida and all the families struggling with no electricity and damaged homes.

Thanks to all of you terrific folks for the kind words and best wishes for the people in Florida.
Hi choppers how haven you been? Glad to here you have no damage. I had relatively minimal damage to my place on Marco. Some roof tiles, lanai screens and trees but no water at all from tidal serge and I'm on a canal. Could have been so much worse.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote