View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandRadio View Post
As some folks here may know, I put our cottage on Rattlesnake Island up for sale in mid July.

I got 4 good offers the first week, and finally accepted one of them from some well qualified buyers. I did have another offer that was higher than the one I accepted, but the buyers were not nearly as qualified, so I opted for the more solid offer.

I was a little surprised to get so much activity, but I guess the market is pretty good right now.

Last year and the year before that, I know people had stuff on the market - sometimes for more than a year with little activity.

Maybe the election really did make a difference! That's the only thing that I can see that's materially different.

Of course now the decision is where to go from here. Am looking at lots of mainland properties on smaller lakes. Land would be the ideal - nice to make my own mistakes rather than fix someone else's The only hard criteria is that it has to face West and have at least 1/2 acre.
Congratulations on selling your property. We were interested in it, but decided to go in a different direction. It seemed to be good value.

I think people now have more faith in the economy. It seems like tourism in the Lakes Region is up this year based on crowds and traffic.

Consider Winnisquam, Opeechee and Newfound lakes. Also, be aware that building is more expensive than rehabbing, especially now. Good luck!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote