View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
Last year we rented our cottage to fishermen. At the end of the week I had a lovely surprise upon opening the door of the shed where we ask tenants to put their bags of trash.

My sons were advocating keeping the security deposit after dealing with the stinky trash and scrubbing the shed floor with bleach. It certainly was unpleasant, but because we have no set policy regarding this, I returned the deposit to the renters as specified in our initial contract.

What is the best way to deal with the waste after you catch a fish and filet it? I need to specify this in our informational booklet that is in the rental cottage. Thanks in advance for any help.
Burn it (if cooking over an open fire) or return it into the ECO system (the water) for other wildlife to process.

Animal carcasses smell horrible if bagged raw. One other method that reduces the smell is to boil the remains before throwing them away. Works well for trimmings as well.

There is also the tried and true method of just tossing it into the neighbors yard or a trash bin at the boat launch to force the issue to be dealt with by someone else!
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote