View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #64
Sue Doe-Nym

Default This one should do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
My suggestion to this store, as a way to boost their business, is to downplay the name, BP, and go with a more personal, New Hampshire friendly, local name.

For example JoJo's Country Store, the seasonal local store on Moultonborough Neck Rd has a super-duper name for itself ..... JoJo's.

Maybe switch away from just BP to some short, easy to remember, individual name like Mary's Country Store, or Wayne's Country Store, or Yogi's Country Store, or Shorty's Country Store. Calling it BP doesn't do much too identify what's inside the store?

While BP is British Petroleum, a huge oil producer, and most widely help stock in Great Britain, known for its large dividend, it's not such a good name, all by itself, for a store like this in Moultonborough, NH.

Gasoline is gasoline, and the only thing that matters about it is the price so I would suggest you upgrade the business with a more personal store name. Maybe something like Marty's Country Store, or Mary's Country Store ...... whoops ..... already said that ..... or if you want to give it some attitude ...... call it Fast Mary's Country Store ..... or Slow Louie's Country Store ..... or something.

Some other names:

Kanasatka Pizza & Subs

Kanasatka Kountry Store

Kanasatka Kountry Kitchen

Above the gasoline pumps, there's a large roof canopy that has a large white triangular vertical wall that directly faces the roadway. That's a good place to put up the store name so it's seen from the road.

Go to Royea's Signs in Center Harbor and get like big, bold 12" vinyl, bright green letters, that are easy to read, and put the name of the store up there. Then add four or five similar name signs, but much much smaller, all across the outside on existing posts and walls and everywhere to brand the business. A store really needs a simple, easy to remember name, so's people will recognize it, and just calling it BP doesn't do it.

Imagine someone driving past who has never driven past before, and what is the sign message they see.
I’ll make this short....years ago. c. 1960, there was a sign in front of a convenience store with a sign EAT HERE and GET GAS that we all thought was hilarious and I have never forgotten it. It was in the middle of nowhere on the way to Cornell. It either proves that the sign was catchy or some people are easily amused. �� So.....how would that sign resonate at the local BP?

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 01-24-2021 at 03:32 PM.