View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 05:29 AM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Finally got back to the Italian Farmhouse last night after having to find a replacement in August when they lost power during a hot day.

Though the service was slow—given that the smaller areas were all filled first and served by singular servers, it appears they may be suffering from the same lack of help many other establishments are—the food was great and, for maybe the only time I'll say it about Common Man restaurants, a good value. The kids' pasta dishes with a drink were $5, $7 with a giant meatball, and my wife's chicken alfredo was ridiculous sized at $18. I even asked for a chicken/veal parm combo and was charged $20 for a nice-sized plate.

This is one of a few restaurants I wish was closer to camp.

PS A note on the service speed: there was a wedding taking place out back in the tent (gorgeous night for it, if it was heated!), so we were patient with the service because, even though we assume they were having it catered separately or that the restaurant has separate facilities, the staff shortage may have spilled over. We were supposed, though, that they weren't in the barn...though now that I think about it, perhaps there were two other events since there were a ton of cars AND a trolley. In either case, not enough of an issue to ruin the experience and/or not go back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: