View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 01:32 PM   #9
tonyk72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
Did it ever run for you?

The other way is the switch carries current when the lanyard is in place and opens the circuit when the lanyard clip is absent.

When you say that "nothing" happens when you turn the key I assume that you mean that the starter dies not turn.

That sounds like it is the second style of kill switch on your boat.
I assume this type of switch is referred to as "normally open"? If so, you were right on the money.
I did have Nick come out and he confirmed I had the wrong kill switch installed. My battery was also junk. He checked out all the other wiring, correctly wired my switch panel and put the wiring all back to stock. He also set me up for easily adding a fishfinder when I'm ready. Nick did a great job and saved me hours of troubleshooting on my own. I'd highly recommend him!

I finally had a chance to take it for a test run yesterday. This thing is nimble! It corners better than my SeaDoo and can easily do 180's and 360's. On the downside, steering is a bit sloppy and it's not the best boat in the chop either. But I think I can make some minor improvements to help that over the winter.
Attached Images

tonyk72 is offline   Reply With Quote