View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #20
hd333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
Burlington VT has been mentioned a few times, but not the fact that Burlington is pretty much the craft beer Mecca of the North East. Burlington and the surrounding area is home to many amazing craft brewers, such that my friends and I often make pilgrimages there from Connecticut. Stowe (not terribly far away) also hosts some outstanding breweries (The Alchemist, who's unfiltered IPA Heady Topper is rated 4th best bear in the world and only available in VT) as well as Ben and Jerry's (technically on the way to Stowe) and the Vermont teddy Bear Company near by.
No help on boating Champlain, I’ve only been a passenger on the lake.

But Beer in and around Burlington, a topic near and dear to my heart I have some comments on.

If you are looking to sample some of Vermont’s finest brews head to Foam, they are down by the water in Burlington.

Upper Pass is putting out some great brews as well, Cloud Drop and First Drop to name a few.

Alchemist makes great beers but don’t fall into the Heady Topper trap, it is good but Focal Banger IMHO is better. Both can be had at almost any restaurant for $5 a can or $12 a 4 pack at stores, so no need to go to Stowe to the brewery for it unless you are looking for a nice day trip. When/if in Stowe Doc Ponds is a must stop for lunch. Great food and beer.

For one stop beer shopping head to City Market Co-op in Burlington.

Avoid Vermont Pub and Brewery at all costs. Mediocre beer and food.

Skinny Pancake is a nice take for breakfast, just get there early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hd333 is offline   Reply With Quote