View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Supposedly, my 2013 Scion xB has a silent recall by Toyota, up to cars with 150k-miles for fixing the valve stem seals which are upside down, or incorrect, and shake the oil too much so it gets consumed and goes out with the exhaust. Sometime in July 2018 or July 2019, Bob Abbott - Irwin Toyota service writer totally denied my claim for this oil consumption problem. At the time, the car had 149,500-miles. It even drove away from the Plymouth hit & run, Feb 12, 2020, after a friendly local pick-up truck stopped and offered to pull my car out of a very large, fresh snow bank with a heavy line attached to its trailer hitch.

It gets driven every day, and still runs good enough for 70-mph locally, and I keep a business card for Buskey's Auto-Towing centrally located in Ashland at Exit-24 in the glove box in case it breaks down somewhere between Waterville Valley and Meredith. So far this Scion has never needed a tow and only has had brakes, tires, light bulbs, wiper blades, November coolant changes, and oil changes, and a five dollar can of Bondo.

This 2016 silver Suburu Forester 2.5i: ..... 6-speed, base model, 94,548-miles, $11,994, www.loveringmeredith.com ...... 49 days on CarGurus ..... price dropped by $693 ...... Lovering Volvo charges an additional $549 dealer prep fee

The CarFax shows it consistently had oil changes every 6000-miles at Arrow Express Lube, Littleton NH, and Walmart Auto Care, Plymouth NH.

At 87,690 it got four new tires(?), front wheel alignment, front brake rotors and pads replaced, oil, wipers at Prime Suburu, Manchester NH.

On Dec 23, 2020 it failed emissions inspection at a NH inspection station in Merrimack County but then passed it the next day on Dec 24, 2020 at the same inspection station.

On Dec 29 at Lovering Volvo, Concord, it had tires mounted(?) and changed, washed, oil, filter, emissions and safety inspection.

Everything about this looks very very good except the strong problem issue of a leaky head gasket makes it a NO-GO for me. I have a car and just spent $357 on four news tires and oil change at Walmart so I am not a desperate customer. If I go ahead and buy it for $11,994 plus $549-dealer prep ...... I will pay cash ..... minus whatever I can get from Lovering for the Scion trade-in which has a $2000 hit & run, right side doors collision damage ...... Allstate paid me $1930 after deducting the $250-deductible for the February 12, 2020 Plymouth NH hit & run. The Plymouth Police actually caught up with the hit & run driver's vehicle and driver down at the Plymouth Senior Center ........ some old local guy in a cheap little car ..... ho-ho-ho ...... way-to-go Sergeant Diamond and the Plymouth P.D. ....... thank-you kindly! ...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-10-2021 at 12:11 PM.
fatlazyless is online now   Reply With Quote