View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
By the way I cut off a small boat on my starboard side on Saturday. It was obviously my fault, I didn't look where I was going. Scared the hell out of me and most likely the small boat operator, luckily all I got was a dirty look. I've been extra vigilent since, it only takes one mistake.
JRC,

1st I applaud you for honestly admitting a mistake... Unfortunately we are all human, and these things happen. The good news is you looked at what went wrong in the situation, and are now being vigilant in trying to make sure it doesn't happen again.

2nd, Remember we are all human....

now on to sailboats... whether they are under power or not, folks you know what most of them don't handle well they are motoring... so I just follow the general rule that they have the right of way and give them as much room as I can. Technically I know sometimes I have the right of way... but you know what, it really is less stress to just give it to them and not worry about it.