Thread: Losing Power?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
May I ask- do you lose power a lot in the lakes region? We will be moving to The Weirs most likely this winter when our little home is finished being built.

We are from a rural area in NY and here we have a whole house generator, which has been a blessing due to a lot of power outages- many lasting a long time.

Our new home will be forced air propane. The house is only 1100 square feet.

Due to the design of the house we could not put in a gas fireplace, so we are thinking of maybe getting one of those electric "wood stoves" for ambience and extra heat.

But I worry about losing power and wondering if we should spring for a generator. Our son, who lives in Plymouth and works in Laconia claims the power rarely if ever goes out.

What say you?
Welcome to the Forum. The last very long outage was after an ice storm in 1998 I believe. More recently there was one 24+ hour outage while we were away, last year I think. In West Alton we lose power maybe 2 to 5 times a year however they normally are short term. Typically an hour or two maybe 4 hours at most. These are usually isolated events such as one tree down or one pole down in an auto accident. I think that Loconia has less of these short term outages than West Alton.

A few here have whole house generators, more have a portable and even more have no generator.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote