View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #71
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Reading comprehension 101: I never said people chose to fail, I said they didn't choose to succeed.

Poor choices are the reason many people have little or no money.
Hmm, seems close enough to me, but whatever.

How'd you get to your first job? Who taught you how to apply, interview, and fill out paperwork? Who guided you through school? Were you in a safe enough area to not worry about traveling? Who helped you get your license? Who fed and clothed you well enough to receive the education that allowed you to pursue your dreams? Who taught you that you could succeed with hard work? Who taught you how to work with money, to keep a checkbook and bank accounts, to consider loans and financing.

None of those things is natural, they all require investment from people and institutions. If either are lacking, the potential for success is hindered. Basic behaviorism. Oh, wait, psychology and sociology are the reason we're in this mess.

Note that I'm not saying success is impossible, but the truth is--whether or not you want to accept it--is that one's birth situation--parents/family, location, financial circumstances, education, race, etc.-- directly correlates to one's chances of success. Choice is only a reflection of what has been learned.

I apologize to the OP for continuing to be off-topic.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote