View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #67
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Knowing things through "sociology and psychology" is what is wrong with the thought process. How about real life. I agree with Major, anyone who wants to make it and be successful can. The only exceptions are people who have limited ability due to diminished physical or mental capacity.

There are too many people who expect the world to be handed to them. WalMart is hiring first year truck drivers and starting them at $80,000 per year. If you take that job and live a $40,000 per year lifestyle you can save a lot of money and buy some investment property. Or, you can get tattoos, smoke cigarettes, and hang with your friends and use drugs. Maybe you can even have a pregnant girlfriend too. Poor choices are the reason many people have little or no money. Everyone in America has the opportunity to be successful if they make good choices.

I have a friend who is a school teacher and for many years he expressed jealousy when I bought a house or a new car or a new boat. When I suggested that he get a full time job he didn't even know what I was talking about. That tells you all you need to know.
You're both right--everyone has the same exact chances at success. Those people who fail are all just choosing to. Brilliant.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote