View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #19
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I read somewhere (I can't find it now) that 83% of NH residents who pay taxes will pay lower taxes. How is this not a good thing? We should vote out NH's Constitutional representatives, all of whom voted against this bill. Obviously, they do not care about NH's middle class.

Peter G, this is OUR money! Whether rich or poor, I think paying less taxes is a positive for our economy. When businesses do well, taxpayers do well. However, this tax cut needs to go with severe spending cuts, which are desperately required. Washington has gotten too big. There are too many do nothing jobs and ineffective social programs.
Major, though we disagree, I respect your position as one that at least has a reasonable amount of reality and thought behind it. My previous comments were only to correct various points of misinformation. We should all be able to acknowledge that this bill hits NJ (and other blue state) property owners hard, and it provides the best benefits for those already rich while giving only modest breaks to the vast majority of the 83% you mention. Also likely to increase the national debt by over a trillion dollars. Except for the debt impact, even Republican leaders in DC do not dispute these points.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote