Thread: Lobster Rolls
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
ITD - You don't get what I'm saying or at least that's just my opinion. I'm talking about my industry not a "little" ma and pop business. Where I work we can "job shop" engineers and save on insurance, fire all the maintenance folks and have an outside night crew come in. While I'm at it why not fire the food staff and call in and outside restaurant to feed us? Oh our timekeeper, who needs her?? Lay her off and give it to an outside "check processing" company. Where does it end? Next time you need help after hours with your computer, TV, washing machine or even your lawn mower and you call the "800" number only to get someone in India maybe just maybe you'll remember me.
Dpg, you and I are having a situation of "failure to communicate"..... the author of that article makes a jump from wholesale, whole lobster cost directly to lobster roll price without including any of the intermediate step's costs. I have a problem with that, you will lose money if you price a product like that and go out of business. That's the point I was trying to make.

I'm not a fan of outsourcing, especially to far away countries, not sure where you got the impression I was.........
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote