View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #32
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Shreddy, OCD, we're just going to have to disagree here. The loud boats are an annoyance (and motorcycles) and they will be a constant reminder to the speed limit proponents.

You're shooting yourself in the foot, you will loose the ability to use you boats in a responsible manner. Someone will videotape a couple of nice boats with open exhausts zooming by the camera at a close angle. The boats will be going 40 mph but the sounds and angle will make it seem like 80 mph.

Same thing with motocycles. The crappy economy and rainy bike weeks has delayed the axe but you know people will be out gunning for that next.

BTW I just under 50 and I bought my first motorcycle with dishwashing money at 15.
Completly agree. I too like a nice low rumble of an 8 cylinder. I think some boats sound beautiful. But they can get obnoxious. The same with any vehicle really.

Shreddy, I know what you are saying. However, if you are a snowmobiler and ride on the trail network in the state, you need to know that it is a known fact that loud sleds close trails. You see, our trails run on private property. The landowners that give us permission to ride on their property get sick of the loud sleds that drive by late at night. Some don't like to hear the loud sleds at any time of day. Then your clubs need to figure out how to re-route a trail, which takes an amazing amount of time and effort. Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent, but it is something that I am very passionate about.