View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
jondx52

Default First time visitor - advice/tips/best route?

Hi Everyone,

Just got into boating this year and have a 16ft mastercraft 90hp outboard. I've been using it on smaller local lakes down in northeast MA and Silver Lake in NH every so often.

Looking to make the first of hopefully a few day trips up to Winnipesaukee this weekend or next. Not entirely sure where I will try and launch from as I'm still browsing these threads and options online. Initially thinking Alton Bay since its closest.

Anyway, I'm looking for anyone who can give me some really good tips/advice even if it seems very basic. Browsing through some threads here the lake seems like it can be intimidating! I plan to cruise very slow and just enjoy the lake and maybe doc at a few spots to get some food with the wife etc.

Give me your best pointers on navigation, easiest routes for a beginner with launching spots and avoiding any difficult rocky areas, timing for finding parking etc.

Also I have a Simrad depth finder/GPS with the Navionics HotMaps card and plan to also use my phone with the iBoating iphone app for extra insight.

I appreciate it and hope to enjoy the lake!
jondx52 is offline   Reply With Quote