View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #14
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

I find this odd that the cable in the conduit are owned by the providers.
1. The wires from the junction box on the corner are run a few inches below ground from the junction box in the corner. HOA has underground utilities. Once the wire was sliced when the landscaper was mowing. I had to pay for the service! Weasels!
2. HOA was told by Metrocast, the agreement back in the 70's was the HOA owns the wires in the main conduit, therefore the HOA has to pay for the upgrade to RG6. The expense was prohibitive. They will pay RG6 from the box on the unit to the TV and or modem!
3. Fairpoint upgraded their 'trunk' at no added cost from copper to fibre optics. Mainly because HOA trunk serves Lexington Ave and Lynnewood Ave. Rather than run wires from one street to the other, they choose to bury it.
What is odd when they install fiber optics, our DSL speed remains the same????

I was told by the independent fibre optics installer that anyone can lease a fibre optics cable to competitors, its common practice in the South.

Sounds like one heck of a racket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Comcast can’t use the other guys wires outside the house because they “belong” to the other guys. When I replaced Comcast with Verizon years ago (I run underground from the pole to the house) the Verizon guys cut Comcast’s cable as close to the conduit as possible so that I could never go back. I asked them why they just didn’t pull them out of the conduit and they said they couldn’t because the were owned by Comcast