View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #25
XCR-700

Sorry I can see that my question was imprecise and there are 2 different issues of concern being discussed in this thread;
  • Docking and sleeping overnight on privately owned/held property and,
  • Anchoring and sleeping overnight on the lake

Clearly docking and doing anything on privately owned/held property without the owners permission is not acceptably (LRTC ownership or anyone) You just done do it without permission.

As for anchoring and sleeping overnight on the lake or any state owned land, thats a whole different matter, and I have not yet seen any argument that helps me understand why I or anyone should support this rule that you cant sleep on the lake overnight, nor do I currently understand how it came to be.

Respecting home owners privacy, I think some reasonable buffer from any lot with a home should be defined (such as our 150' rule) but beyond that, I am still at a loss to understand the no anchoring/sleeping overnight on the lake rule.

Other arguments about the LRCT rules are separate and apart from the original issues raised in this thread; barring an emergency, no reasonable argument can be made for infringing on privately owned/held land, and I have yet to see any reasonable argument for prohibiting anchoring/sleeping on the lake as a whole.

Open to persuasive and reasonable counter points
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote